Devoted husband penned final words of love
"You are going to leave me very soon. Thank you for being my wife," he wrote.
In 86 words, he summed up nearly seven decades of young love, children and devotion. Robert signed his pet name, Mr. Excitement.
Their daughter, Karen Van Der Beken of Bedford, said Marilyn had suffered a stroke four years ago and had to live in a nursing home.
Robert visited her three times a day, and every Feb. 14 he wrote another Love Line.
"I miss you so much already. Goodbye my lovely wife," he wrote.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?