USNH vows to freeze tuition
"The four USNH institutions are 100 percent committed to using every single dollar of the budgeted restoration to directly support New Hampshire students," Todd J. Leach, president of Granite State College and interim chancellor of the university system said in a written statement.
USNH officials said they are encouraged by Gov. Maggie Hassan's recent proposal to restore funds to USNH as part of the 2013-14 state budget.
The University of New Hampshire, Plymouth State University, Keene State College and Granite State College will also use remaining funds for merit and need-based aid, according to the statement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 11
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 1
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 10
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'