Home » News » Public Safety
Sanborn Regional students evacuated after bomb threat
Police were called to the school shortly before noon to investigate the threat.
Police Chief Donald Briggs Jr. said investigators have developed juvenile suspects in the case.
After the threat was discovered, Superintendent Brian Blake said students were evacuated to the gym and then dismissed based on the advice of the police chief.
"While we don't believe there was any imminent danger, we took the precautions nonetheless. We anticipate that students will be back in school (today)," Blake said.
Briggs said the investigation began after the word "bomb" was found written on a mirror in a boy's restroom on the second floor.
A bomb-sniffing dog from state police was brought in to assist in the investigation. Briggs said police also searched the building but found nothing suspicious.
Kingston police were also assisted by the Kingston Fire Department, the Rockingham County Sheriff's Department and Fremont police.
Police cleared the school by 3 p.m., Briggs said.
The school serves students from Fremont, Kingston and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072