Home » News » Public Safety
Sanborn Regional students evacuated after bomb threat
Police were called to the school shortly before noon to investigate the threat.
Police Chief Donald Briggs Jr. said investigators have developed juvenile suspects in the case.
After the threat was discovered, Superintendent Brian Blake said students were evacuated to the gym and then dismissed based on the advice of the police chief.
"While we don't believe there was any imminent danger, we took the precautions nonetheless. We anticipate that students will be back in school (today)," Blake said.
Briggs said the investigation began after the word "bomb" was found written on a mirror in a boy's restroom on the second floor.
A bomb-sniffing dog from state police was brought in to assist in the investigation. Briggs said police also searched the building but found nothing suspicious.
Kingston police were also assisted by the Kingston Fire Department, the Rockingham County Sheriff's Department and Fremont police.
Police cleared the school by 3 p.m., Briggs said.
The school serves students from Fremont, Kingston and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 1
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief