Home » News » Public Safety
Sanborn Regional students evacuated after bomb threat
Police were called to the school shortly before noon to investigate the threat.
Police Chief Donald Briggs Jr. said investigators have developed juvenile suspects in the case.
After the threat was discovered, Superintendent Brian Blake said students were evacuated to the gym and then dismissed based on the advice of the police chief.
"While we don't believe there was any imminent danger, we took the precautions nonetheless. We anticipate that students will be back in school (today)," Blake said.
Briggs said the investigation began after the word "bomb" was found written on a mirror in a boy's restroom on the second floor.
A bomb-sniffing dog from state police was brought in to assist in the investigation. Briggs said police also searched the building but found nothing suspicious.
Kingston police were also assisted by the Kingston Fire Department, the Rockingham County Sheriff's Department and Fremont police.
Police cleared the school by 3 p.m., Briggs said.
The school serves students from Fremont, Kingston and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name