Home » News » Public Safety
Sanborn Regional students evacuated after bomb threat
Police were called to the school shortly before noon to investigate the threat.
Police Chief Donald Briggs Jr. said investigators have developed juvenile suspects in the case.
After the threat was discovered, Superintendent Brian Blake said students were evacuated to the gym and then dismissed based on the advice of the police chief.
"While we don't believe there was any imminent danger, we took the precautions nonetheless. We anticipate that students will be back in school (today)," Blake said.
Briggs said the investigation began after the word "bomb" was found written on a mirror in a boy's restroom on the second floor.
A bomb-sniffing dog from state police was brought in to assist in the investigation. Briggs said police also searched the building but found nothing suspicious.
Kingston police were also assisted by the Kingston Fire Department, the Rockingham County Sheriff's Department and Fremont police.
Police cleared the school by 3 p.m., Briggs said.
The school serves students from Fremont, Kingston and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health