Home » News » Public Safety
Sanborn Regional students evacuated after bomb threat
Police were called to the school shortly before noon to investigate the threat.
Police Chief Donald Briggs Jr. said investigators have developed juvenile suspects in the case.
After the threat was discovered, Superintendent Brian Blake said students were evacuated to the gym and then dismissed based on the advice of the police chief.
"While we don't believe there was any imminent danger, we took the precautions nonetheless. We anticipate that students will be back in school (today)," Blake said.
Briggs said the investigation began after the word "bomb" was found written on a mirror in a boy's restroom on the second floor.
A bomb-sniffing dog from state police was brought in to assist in the investigation. Briggs said police also searched the building but found nothing suspicious.
Kingston police were also assisted by the Kingston Fire Department, the Rockingham County Sheriff's Department and Fremont police.
Police cleared the school by 3 p.m., Briggs said.
The school serves students from Fremont, Kingston and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?