Home » News » Public Safety
Fight erupts during Portsmouth Bingo game
Police Capt. Mike Schwartz said the argument was broken up by the time police arrived Friday. He said although one person suffered a scratch in the altercation, police are not calling it an assault and no charges will be filed.
Schwartz said the dispute erupted when somebody with "entrepreneurial spirit" set up a table to sell cosmetics during a Bingo game at the Feaster Apartments.
"Some people thought she should, some thought she shouldn't, some really thought it was a distraction to the Bingo and tempers flared," Schwartz said.
Feaster Apartments is a 140-unit public housing complex that is home to many seniors, but also to many with physical and mental disabilities. More than half of the residents are under 65 years old, Schwartz said.
Police were called back to the apartment building a second time that night because someone wanted clarification on the earlier response from police, Schwartz said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs