Home » News » Public Safety
Fight erupts during Portsmouth Bingo game
Police Capt. Mike Schwartz said the argument was broken up by the time police arrived Friday. He said although one person suffered a scratch in the altercation, police are not calling it an assault and no charges will be filed.
Schwartz said the dispute erupted when somebody with "entrepreneurial spirit" set up a table to sell cosmetics during a Bingo game at the Feaster Apartments.
"Some people thought she should, some thought she shouldn't, some really thought it was a distraction to the Bingo and tempers flared," Schwartz said.
Feaster Apartments is a 140-unit public housing complex that is home to many seniors, but also to many with physical and mental disabilities. More than half of the residents are under 65 years old, Schwartz said.
Police were called back to the apartment building a second time that night because someone wanted clarification on the earlier response from police, Schwartz said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands