Home » News » Public Safety
Fight erupts during Portsmouth Bingo game
Police Capt. Mike Schwartz said the argument was broken up by the time police arrived Friday. He said although one person suffered a scratch in the altercation, police are not calling it an assault and no charges will be filed.
Schwartz said the dispute erupted when somebody with "entrepreneurial spirit" set up a table to sell cosmetics during a Bingo game at the Feaster Apartments.
"Some people thought she should, some thought she shouldn't, some really thought it was a distraction to the Bingo and tempers flared," Schwartz said.
Feaster Apartments is a 140-unit public housing complex that is home to many seniors, but also to many with physical and mental disabilities. More than half of the residents are under 65 years old, Schwartz said.
Police were called back to the apartment building a second time that night because someone wanted clarification on the earlier response from police, Schwartz said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 14
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 3
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's