Home » News » Public Safety
Fight erupts during Portsmouth Bingo game
Police Capt. Mike Schwartz said the argument was broken up by the time police arrived Friday. He said although one person suffered a scratch in the altercation, police are not calling it an assault and no charges will be filed.
Schwartz said the dispute erupted when somebody with "entrepreneurial spirit" set up a table to sell cosmetics during a Bingo game at the Feaster Apartments.
"Some people thought she should, some thought she shouldn't, some really thought it was a distraction to the Bingo and tempers flared," Schwartz said.
Feaster Apartments is a 140-unit public housing complex that is home to many seniors, but also to many with physical and mental disabilities. More than half of the residents are under 65 years old, Schwartz said.
Police were called back to the apartment building a second time that night because someone wanted clarification on the earlier response from police, Schwartz said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name