Home » News » Public Safety
Fight erupts during Portsmouth Bingo game
Police Capt. Mike Schwartz said the argument was broken up by the time police arrived Friday. He said although one person suffered a scratch in the altercation, police are not calling it an assault and no charges will be filed.
Schwartz said the dispute erupted when somebody with "entrepreneurial spirit" set up a table to sell cosmetics during a Bingo game at the Feaster Apartments.
"Some people thought she should, some thought she shouldn't, some really thought it was a distraction to the Bingo and tempers flared," Schwartz said.
Feaster Apartments is a 140-unit public housing complex that is home to many seniors, but also to many with physical and mental disabilities. More than half of the residents are under 65 years old, Schwartz said.
Police were called back to the apartment building a second time that night because someone wanted clarification on the earlier response from police, Schwartz said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth