Home » News » Public Safety
Lyndeborough plow truck crashes into utility pole
According to Lyndeborough Police Lt. Rainsford Deware, the 1989 Mack dump truck was sanding the dirt portion of New Road just before 9 p.m. when the driver, Mark Chase, 49, of Lyndeborough slid on ice and struck a utility pole. The pole snapped causing power lines to crash down onto the vehicle.
Chase, who suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the accident, was trapped in the vehicle until emergency responders and linemen from PSNH could reach the scene. Mont Vernon Police Officer Mark Slavin was called in by Lyndeborough police to investigate the accident in order to avoid any conflict of interest because it was a town-owned vehicle, according to Chief Kyle Aspinwall.
Chase was then transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center by ambulance, Aspinwall said.
Lyndeborough Town Administrator Kate Thorndike said Wednesday that Chase had been treated and released from the hospital
"The driver is resting comfortably at home," said Thorndike. "He's banged up a bit, and I'm waiting to get more details on his exact condition."
Thorndike said the truck didn't suffer any serious damage in the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072