Home » News » Public Safety
Lyndeborough plow truck crashes into utility pole
According to Lyndeborough Police Lt. Rainsford Deware, the 1989 Mack dump truck was sanding the dirt portion of New Road just before 9 p.m. when the driver, Mark Chase, 49, of Lyndeborough slid on ice and struck a utility pole. The pole snapped causing power lines to crash down onto the vehicle.
Chase, who suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the accident, was trapped in the vehicle until emergency responders and linemen from PSNH could reach the scene. Mont Vernon Police Officer Mark Slavin was called in by Lyndeborough police to investigate the accident in order to avoid any conflict of interest because it was a town-owned vehicle, according to Chief Kyle Aspinwall.
Chase was then transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center by ambulance, Aspinwall said.
Lyndeborough Town Administrator Kate Thorndike said Wednesday that Chase had been treated and released from the hospital
"The driver is resting comfortably at home," said Thorndike. "He's banged up a bit, and I'm waiting to get more details on his exact condition."
Thorndike said the truck didn't suffer any serious damage in the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced