Home » News » Public Safety
Lyndeborough plow truck crashes into utility pole
According to Lyndeborough Police Lt. Rainsford Deware, the 1989 Mack dump truck was sanding the dirt portion of New Road just before 9 p.m. when the driver, Mark Chase, 49, of Lyndeborough slid on ice and struck a utility pole. The pole snapped causing power lines to crash down onto the vehicle.
Chase, who suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the accident, was trapped in the vehicle until emergency responders and linemen from PSNH could reach the scene. Mont Vernon Police Officer Mark Slavin was called in by Lyndeborough police to investigate the accident in order to avoid any conflict of interest because it was a town-owned vehicle, according to Chief Kyle Aspinwall.
Chase was then transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center by ambulance, Aspinwall said.
Lyndeborough Town Administrator Kate Thorndike said Wednesday that Chase had been treated and released from the hospital
"The driver is resting comfortably at home," said Thorndike. "He's banged up a bit, and I'm waiting to get more details on his exact condition."
Thorndike said the truck didn't suffer any serious damage in the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Always trust your cape, but watch out for snakes - 0
- Third-party food delivery on the rise - 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- College Hockey: Union ousts Dartmouth in ECAC tournament - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer