New Hampshire Veterans News
RAYMOND - Hurd-Welch Post 90, The American Legion, is now open but will release details about a grand opening later.
The post is located at the corner of Harriman Hill Road and Rt. 27.
Bingo begins on Monday, March 4.
Ace of Hearts is every Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
Call 244-2288 for more information.
Korean War vets in NH to hold meeting
CONCORD - The New Hampshire Korean War Veterans Association, Chapter 320, will hold a meeting at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, at the VFW Post on Court Street.
All Korean War and Korean Service veterans are eligible for membership and are welcome.
Frank Deekman from Honor Flight New England will give a presentation.
For more information, contact Conrad Perreault, commander, at 352-5369.
Post 27 holding karaoke night Friday
LONDONDERRY - American Legion Post 27 on Sargent Road, will hold a karaoke night with DJ Sharon from 9 to midnight on Friday, Feb. 22.
On Feb. 25, the post will be running bingo for patients at the VA Hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Donations are appreciated or feel free to stop by and help out.
Pizza and diet soda as well will be served and there will be 200 in prize money.
Meat raffle at Sweeney Post 2
MANCHESTER - American Legion Sweeney Post 2, 251, Maple St., will hold a meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22.
Karaoke and dancing with the music of DJ S.O.B. will take place from 8 to 11 p.m.
The meats will be fresh that day from Mr. Steer.
There will also be Market Basket gift certificates, gift baskets and cash prizes.
The monthly auxiliary breakfast is from 7:30 to 11 a.m. on Sunday, March 10.
For more information, call 623-9145
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New Hampshire begins spring ritual: posting road weight limits - 0
- NH DOT to seek bids to build new bridge over Mascoma River in Lebanon - 0
- Blasting for Spaulding Turnpike work to continue in Newington - 0
- Dover declares downtown parking ban on Wednesday - 0
- Road work hurdles remain in Milford - 2
- Cost estimates for replacing Sarah Mildred Long Bridge in Portsmouth higher than expected - 0
- NH DOT to unveil plans to replace New Castle-Rye span - 0
- Portsmouth bridge repairs to take six to eight weeks - 0
- Bridge work over Route 1 Bypass reroutes Portsmouth traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 5
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief