New Hampshire Veterans News
RAYMOND - Hurd-Welch Post 90, The American Legion, is now open but will release details about a grand opening later.
The post is located at the corner of Harriman Hill Road and Rt. 27.
Bingo begins on Monday, March 4.
Ace of Hearts is every Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
Call 244-2288 for more information.
Korean War vets in NH to hold meeting
CONCORD - The New Hampshire Korean War Veterans Association, Chapter 320, will hold a meeting at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, at the VFW Post on Court Street.
All Korean War and Korean Service veterans are eligible for membership and are welcome.
Frank Deekman from Honor Flight New England will give a presentation.
For more information, contact Conrad Perreault, commander, at 352-5369.
Post 27 holding karaoke night Friday
LONDONDERRY - American Legion Post 27 on Sargent Road, will hold a karaoke night with DJ Sharon from 9 to midnight on Friday, Feb. 22.
On Feb. 25, the post will be running bingo for patients at the VA Hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Donations are appreciated or feel free to stop by and help out.
Pizza and diet soda as well will be served and there will be 200 in prize money.
Meat raffle at Sweeney Post 2
MANCHESTER - American Legion Sweeney Post 2, 251, Maple St., will hold a meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22.
Karaoke and dancing with the music of DJ S.O.B. will take place from 8 to 11 p.m.
The meats will be fresh that day from Mr. Steer.
There will also be Market Basket gift certificates, gift baskets and cash prizes.
The monthly auxiliary breakfast is from 7:30 to 11 a.m. on Sunday, March 10.
For more information, call 623-9145
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 1
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: 'Mirror' approach reflects important role of humans in dog training - 0
- Thomas Sowell: The media and the mob - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate