New Hampshire Veterans News
RAYMOND - Hurd-Welch Post 90, The American Legion, is now open but will release details about a grand opening later.
The post is located at the corner of Harriman Hill Road and Rt. 27.
Bingo begins on Monday, March 4.
Ace of Hearts is every Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
Call 244-2288 for more information.
Korean War vets in NH to hold meeting
CONCORD - The New Hampshire Korean War Veterans Association, Chapter 320, will hold a meeting at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, at the VFW Post on Court Street.
All Korean War and Korean Service veterans are eligible for membership and are welcome.
Frank Deekman from Honor Flight New England will give a presentation.
For more information, contact Conrad Perreault, commander, at 352-5369.
Post 27 holding karaoke night Friday
LONDONDERRY - American Legion Post 27 on Sargent Road, will hold a karaoke night with DJ Sharon from 9 to midnight on Friday, Feb. 22.
On Feb. 25, the post will be running bingo for patients at the VA Hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Donations are appreciated or feel free to stop by and help out.
Pizza and diet soda as well will be served and there will be 200 in prize money.
Meat raffle at Sweeney Post 2
MANCHESTER - American Legion Sweeney Post 2, 251, Maple St., will hold a meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22.
Karaoke and dancing with the music of DJ S.O.B. will take place from 8 to 11 p.m.
The meats will be fresh that day from Mr. Steer.
There will also be Market Basket gift certificates, gift baskets and cash prizes.
The monthly auxiliary breakfast is from 7:30 to 11 a.m. on Sunday, March 10.
For more information, call 623-9145
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sheridan Brown: NH is vulnerable to an oil spill and needs some protection - 2
- Al Felgar: Patients can’t wait for state to fix narrow Obamacare network - 2
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 6
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill