Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: FPU women can't stop Bentley's streak
Four Ravens scored in double-figures led by Tiffany Johnson's 17 points. Johnson also added six steals and six assists.
Bentley becomes the first NE-10 team to capture sole possession of first place at least three straight years since the Falcons won five in a row from 1997-2001.
UMass-Lowell 65, St. Anselm College 54: In Lowell, Mass., Briana Jones scored a team-high 16 points and sophomore Allie Jones had 15 points and 13 rebounds for the Hawks. The Hawks dip to 4-20 on the season, 1-19 in Northeast-10 play.
Stonehill 90, SNHU 65: In Easton, Mass., Southern New Hampshire University senior Michelle DeRoma became the 16th player in program history to reach the 1,000-point mark for her career with her nine-point effort. Needing three points to reach the milestone entering the game, DeRoma, after an early basket, connected on a three-pointer with 8:10 left in the first half to reach the milestone.
UNH 51, Hartford 49: In Durham, Kelsey Hogan converted two free throws in the final 20 seconds and finished with 15 points. Teammates Morgan Frame added 12 points and Kaylee Kilpatrick netted 10 in the win.
READER COMMENTS: 20
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Students being evaluated at scene of Salem bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?