Allenstown man indicted for 2012 choking assault
Ernest Hamel, no age listed, of 193 River Road in Allenstown was indicted by a Rockingham County Superior Court grand jury in their February session on one count of second degree assault, one count of attempted second degree assault, two counts of simple assault and two counts of criminal threatening.
According to the indictments, Hamel "knowingly engaged in the strangulation" of a woman in Londonderry on April 22, 2012, wrapping his hands around her neck and pressing his foot to her chest. He also allegedly threatened to kill her, saying he would "put a contract out on her life."
According to a Londonderry police log, Allenstown Police arrested Hamel on April 24, 2012 on a Londonderry warrant for all of the charges, with the exception of the attempted second degree assault. He was held on $5,000 cash bail at the time. It is unclear why the indictments took almost a year to be handed down.
Hamel will be arraigned on Feb. 28 at 1 p.m.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 2
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 1
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs