Allenstown man indicted for 2012 choking assault
Ernest Hamel, no age listed, of 193 River Road in Allenstown was indicted by a Rockingham County Superior Court grand jury in their February session on one count of second degree assault, one count of attempted second degree assault, two counts of simple assault and two counts of criminal threatening.
According to the indictments, Hamel "knowingly engaged in the strangulation" of a woman in Londonderry on April 22, 2012, wrapping his hands around her neck and pressing his foot to her chest. He also allegedly threatened to kill her, saying he would "put a contract out on her life."
According to a Londonderry police log, Allenstown Police arrested Hamel on April 24, 2012 on a Londonderry warrant for all of the charges, with the exception of the attempted second degree assault. He was held on $5,000 cash bail at the time. It is unclear why the indictments took almost a year to be handed down.
Hamel will be arraigned on Feb. 28 at 1 p.m.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions