Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Bail reduction nixed in pot-growing case
Garrity was arrested Thursday morning at his 137 Phillip St. home and charged with felony possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute.
State and local police, who obtained a search warrant for the residence after a two-month investigation, reported they found many marijuana plants in two sophisticated marijuana grow rooms, 15 pounds of marijuana packaged for sale, hash, anabolic steroids and prescription pills, scales, cell phones and more than $48,000 in cash.
Police prosecutor Lt. Peter Favreau requested the bail be continued at $100,000 cash/surety, with a hearing on the source of any funds offered for bail.
Garrity's criminal history includes a conviction for second-degree assault in connection with a March 2004 car crash in which two passengers were seriously injured.
Police reported at the time that another passenger said Garrity had rejected her offer to drive because he had been drinking. Garrity lost control on a curve near Goffstown and Straw roads and went off the road, striking several trees.
At Garrity's arraignment Friday, his attorney told the judge that Garrity, who is unemployed, is not a flight risk. But Lyons said among the items police removed from the residence: "They took $48,000 and change, the bail stands at $100,000." A probable cause hearing on the felony charge was set for March 5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424