Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Manchester house guest zapped with stunner hidden in cane after alleged knife threat
The not so powerful device did not stop Kelly McAndrew, 37, but arriving officers did.
Police said McAndrew was staying temporarily at the home of Donald Fisher, 63, of 363 Silver St. About 12:30 p.m. Thursday, McAndrew and Fisher got into an argument.
Alicia Wyman, 44, of Summerville, S.C., the daughter of Fisher's roommate who also was a temporary house guest, intervened on Fisher's behalf.
Police said McAndrew turned on Wyman and the two got into a physical fight. McAndrew allegedly retrieved a large knife from a kitchen drawer and went after Wyman, threatening her with it.
Lt. Maureen Tessier said Wyman fled out the door and Fisher tried to prevent McAndrew from following after her. That's when he zapped her with the stun device.
Police seized the cane as evidence.
McAndrew was arrested and charged with simple assault and criminal threatening.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood - 1
- Judge lifts no-contact order - 0
- Suspected rioter faces felony charge in Keene - 3
- Hudson man charged with impersonating police officer - 1
- Fashion-conscience robber hits Rochester bank - 0
- Report: Student opens fire at Washington state high school; gunman reported dead - 3
- Accident results in DWI charge for Hudson man - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 16
- No murder charge in fatal stabbing of city man - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483