All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Utility work starts city apartment fire

MANCHESTER - A plumber heating pipes accidentally started a fire that left one apartment inhabitable at an apartment building at 35 Log St. Friday evening, District Chief Jim Michael said.

Michael said one resident lived in the apartment and was able to find family to stay with.

The fire, which was reported about 5 p.m. Friday, started in a second-floor apartment while the plumber was working on a sink. The fire has been deemed accidental, he said.

Nobody was injured in the fire, which caused minor damage to two other units, he said.

Post or View Comments 

NH Maple Weekend NH Maple Weekend
All Weekend

45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show 45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show
Friday, 1-8 p.m.,
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Ales for Tails Ales for Tails
Sunday, 1-5 p.m.

Maple Sugar Madness Maple Sugar Madness
Saturday, 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m. or 2 p.m.