Utility work starts city apartment fire
February 22. 2013 11:46PM
MANCHESTER - A plumber heating pipes accidentally started a fire that left one apartment inhabitable at an apartment building at 35 Log St. Friday evening, District Chief Jim Michael said.
Michael said one resident lived in the apartment and was able to find family to stay with.
The fire, which was reported about 5 p.m. Friday, started in a second-floor apartment while the plumber was working on a sink. The fire has been deemed accidental, he said.
Nobody was injured in the fire, which caused minor damage to two other units, he said.