Home » Opinion » Editorials
Shotgun Joe's advice: Don't take it
This week, Biden shared advice he gave to his wife. "I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house. You don't need an AR-15 - it's harder to aim, it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!"
The man put in charge of the Obama administration's gun-control initiative recommends firing two warning blasts from a double-barreled shotgun. What if the intruder is not scared away? You'd better be quick at reloading. Also, how is public safety improved by encouraging people to fire shotguns off the balcony instead of taking aim (whether firing or not) directly at intruders?
The worst part of this advice, though, is that yet again the administration ignores the reason we have a Second Amendment. It is not for sport or self-defense. Those are excellent uses for weapons kept legally under the Second Amendment. But the amendment exists because weapons are "necessary to the security of a free state." Funny how the administration never brings that up.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Epping dump cats left on their own - 44
- This Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Animal rights group finds butterfly release at kindness rally kind of cruel - 10
- Bald eagle family takes up residence in Manchester - 4
- Auto dealership employees give stray parakeet new lease on life - 0
- Big Cat Coffees website accepts NH Humane Society donations - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Dogs can be taught not to pull on leash - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Humane Society of Greater Nashua earns award - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid