Monarchs erupt for seven goals in win over Worcester
The win improved the Monarchs to 23-24-5 and snapped a two-game losing streak. Worcester fell to 23-21-6.
Manchester plays at Bridgeport tonight at 7 and at Portland Sunday at 4 p.m.
The second-period explosion began at 8:37 when Manchester's Jordan Weal scored his seventh of the season, tallying in front off an Andrew Bodnarchuk feed to make it 1-0.
Worcester tied the game at 1-1 with a power-play goal at 10:20 as Matt Tennyson beat Martin Jones.
The Monarchs then rattled off four goals to close the period. Manchester took a 2-1 lead at 11:09 on the power play as Tanner Pearson redirected a Bryan Rodney shot past Harri Sateri.
Colton Yellow Horn set up Brandon Kozun for a snipe from the left circle to make it 3-1 at 13:04.
Rookie Tyler Toffoli scored the next two for Manchester, tipping home a Nick Deslauriers shot at 13:36 and then netting his team-high 26th goal at 17:50 off a Lindey Vey set-up.
Worcester made it a 5-2 game at 4:46 of the third period on a Jon Matsumoto goal. The tally came just after Jones had stopped Daniil Tarasov on a penalty shot.
Manchester added two more goals for good measure. Kozun struck again at 12:47 and Vey pushed the lead to 7-2 at 14:37.
The Monarchs announced the signing of three players on Friday, forward Trent Bishop and defensemen Matt Case and Matthew Register.
Bishop was with South Carolina of the ECHL and Case was playing with Idaho of the ECHL. Register has been playing with Tulsa of the CHL and was loaned to Ontario immediately. Bishop was in the Monarchs lineup on Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Epping dump cats left on their own - 44
- This Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Animal rights group finds butterfly release at kindness rally kind of cruel - 10
- Bald eagle family takes up residence in Manchester - 4
- Auto dealership employees give stray parakeet new lease on life - 0
- Big Cat Coffees website accepts NH Humane Society donations - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Dogs can be taught not to pull on leash - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Humane Society of Greater Nashua earns award - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid