Monarchs erupt for seven goals in win over Worcester
The win improved the Monarchs to 23-24-5 and snapped a two-game losing streak. Worcester fell to 23-21-6.
Manchester plays at Bridgeport tonight at 7 and at Portland Sunday at 4 p.m.
The second-period explosion began at 8:37 when Manchester's Jordan Weal scored his seventh of the season, tallying in front off an Andrew Bodnarchuk feed to make it 1-0.
Worcester tied the game at 1-1 with a power-play goal at 10:20 as Matt Tennyson beat Martin Jones.
The Monarchs then rattled off four goals to close the period. Manchester took a 2-1 lead at 11:09 on the power play as Tanner Pearson redirected a Bryan Rodney shot past Harri Sateri.
Colton Yellow Horn set up Brandon Kozun for a snipe from the left circle to make it 3-1 at 13:04.
Rookie Tyler Toffoli scored the next two for Manchester, tipping home a Nick Deslauriers shot at 13:36 and then netting his team-high 26th goal at 17:50 off a Lindey Vey set-up.
Worcester made it a 5-2 game at 4:46 of the third period on a Jon Matsumoto goal. The tally came just after Jones had stopped Daniil Tarasov on a penalty shot.
Manchester added two more goals for good measure. Kozun struck again at 12:47 and Vey pushed the lead to 7-2 at 14:37.
The Monarchs announced the signing of three players on Friday, forward Trent Bishop and defensemen Matt Case and Matthew Register.
Bishop was with South Carolina of the ECHL and Case was playing with Idaho of the ECHL. Register has been playing with Tulsa of the CHL and was loaned to Ontario immediately. Bishop was in the Monarchs lineup on Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 17, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 16, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 15, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 13, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 12, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 11, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 10, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 9, 2013 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced