Missing German shepherd dog found in Londonderry
Max, a rescued German shepherd, has been missing in Londonderry since late January. Local animal lovers are hoping to bring him home before this weekend's snowstorm hits. (COURTESY)
Patricia Jacobsen, one of several volunteers whose been working to capture the wayward pup that escaped from a car parked at the Exit 5 bus terminal on Jan. 27, said Max was captured in a humane trap near the Kinder Care daycare center shortly after 10 p.m. Friday evening.
The rescued dog, adopted from a Vermont animal rescue and brought to the Granite State just hours before his disappearance last month, was rushed to a Manchester veterinary clinic immediately after being captured.
Jacobsen said Max is "a bit thin and has a few sores" but is in remarkably great shape considering his ordeal.
An anonymous benefactor paid for Max's emergency veterinary care and the canine, typically shy around strangers, was reportedly greeting hospital staff with kisses and a wagging tail.
Shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday morning, Max had been released from the hospital and was safety home with his adoptive mom, Elizabeth, in Bedford.
"This is certainly the happy ending we've all been hoping for," Jacobsen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
- Falcon recovering from first-of-its-kind cataract surgery - 1
- Monadnock Humane Society board to address executive director's dismissal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free by WHO after containing virus - 0
- UNH women's hockey coach hired to restore winning ways - 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 3
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 5
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
After riots, soul-searching begins
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy