Missing German shepherd dog found in Londonderry
Max, a rescued German shepherd, has been missing in Londonderry since late January. Local animal lovers are hoping to bring him home before this weekend's snowstorm hits. (COURTESY)
Friends, strangers search for lost dog in Londonderry
Patricia Jacobsen, one of several volunteers whose been working to capture the wayward pup that escaped from a car parked at the Exit 5 bus terminal on Jan. 27, said Max was captured in a humane trap near the Kinder Care daycare center shortly after 10 p.m. Friday evening.
The rescued dog, adopted from a Vermont animal rescue and brought to the Granite State just hours before his disappearance last month, was rushed to a Manchester veterinary clinic immediately after being captured.
Jacobsen said Max is "a bit thin and has a few sores" but is in remarkably great shape considering his ordeal.
An anonymous benefactor paid for Max's emergency veterinary care and the canine, typically shy around strangers, was reportedly greeting hospital staff with kisses and a wagging tail.
Shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday morning, Max had been released from the hospital and was safety home with his adoptive mom, Elizabeth, in Bedford.
"This is certainly the happy ending we've all been hoping for," Jacobsen said.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should NH outlaw puppy mills?
- Total Votes: 37