Missing German shepherd dog found in Londonderry
Max, a rescued German shepherd, has been missing in Londonderry since late January. Local animal lovers are hoping to bring him home before this weekend's snowstorm hits. (COURTESY)
Patricia Jacobsen, one of several volunteers whose been working to capture the wayward pup that escaped from a car parked at the Exit 5 bus terminal on Jan. 27, said Max was captured in a humane trap near the Kinder Care daycare center shortly after 10 p.m. Friday evening.
The rescued dog, adopted from a Vermont animal rescue and brought to the Granite State just hours before his disappearance last month, was rushed to a Manchester veterinary clinic immediately after being captured.
Jacobsen said Max is "a bit thin and has a few sores" but is in remarkably great shape considering his ordeal.
An anonymous benefactor paid for Max's emergency veterinary care and the canine, typically shy around strangers, was reportedly greeting hospital staff with kisses and a wagging tail.
Shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday morning, Max had been released from the hospital and was safety home with his adoptive mom, Elizabeth, in Bedford.
"This is certainly the happy ending we've all been hoping for," Jacobsen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sandy Hook mom to talk Nov. 5 at Nashua church - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- St. Charles Church in Dover to be torn down - 0
- Tibetan monks make peace offering in Peterborough - 0
- Parishes to show support for priests this weekend - 0
- Bedford church helps African missionaries - 0
- Churches turn to social media to reach people - 0
- Salem church a step closer to expanded feeding capability - 0
- Beloved pastor, Citizen of the Year dies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 15
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer