Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Convicted killer allegedly attacked by fellow inmate
According to a Grafton County Superior Court grand jury indictment released Friday, Benjamin Dwyer Allen, of West Lebanon, who will be 30 on Tuesday, is charged with assaults by prisoners for an altercation last month with LaCombe.
Allen, on Jan. 19, "punched and kicked Robert R. LaCombe in the head and/or body," according to the indictment. The charge is one of two similar Class B felony indictments against Allen that the grand jury handed up at its February session. Allen is also accused of punching inmate Benjamin Goodwin in the head and/or face and/or stomach on Nov. 3 last year.
LaCombe has begun a term of 55 years to life for the shooting deaths of a young Grafton couple - Will Hatch and Crystal Farnham - who befriended the jobless LaCombe, feeding, housing and otherwise supporting him over some four months.
When the couple finally had their fill of the long-term guest and asked him to leave, he turned on them and killed them in a vicious 2011 attack at their home that involved multiple shootings of each victim, a state prosecutor said Thursday.
Before he was sentenced Thursday and transported to Concord, LaCombe had to face the verbal wrath of a number of his victims' family members who were given the opportunity to speak in superior court. None of them thought his sentence was adequate.
If he meets behavioral conditions in the coming decades, LaCombe could get 15 years taken off his 55-year minimum sentence. If that happens, and even with the credit he got for nearly two years in the Grafton County jail, the 26-year-old LaCombe would be around 60 when he got out.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 3
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483