Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Convicted killer allegedly attacked by fellow inmate
According to a Grafton County Superior Court grand jury indictment released Friday, Benjamin Dwyer Allen, of West Lebanon, who will be 30 on Tuesday, is charged with assaults by prisoners for an altercation last month with LaCombe.
Allen, on Jan. 19, "punched and kicked Robert R. LaCombe in the head and/or body," according to the indictment. The charge is one of two similar Class B felony indictments against Allen that the grand jury handed up at its February session. Allen is also accused of punching inmate Benjamin Goodwin in the head and/or face and/or stomach on Nov. 3 last year.
LaCombe has begun a term of 55 years to life for the shooting deaths of a young Grafton couple - Will Hatch and Crystal Farnham - who befriended the jobless LaCombe, feeding, housing and otherwise supporting him over some four months.
When the couple finally had their fill of the long-term guest and asked him to leave, he turned on them and killed them in a vicious 2011 attack at their home that involved multiple shootings of each victim, a state prosecutor said Thursday.
Before he was sentenced Thursday and transported to Concord, LaCombe had to face the verbal wrath of a number of his victims' family members who were given the opportunity to speak in superior court. None of them thought his sentence was adequate.
If he meets behavioral conditions in the coming decades, LaCombe could get 15 years taken off his 55-year minimum sentence. If that happens, and even with the credit he got for nearly two years in the Grafton County jail, the 26-year-old LaCombe would be around 60 when he got out.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 1
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 1
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 2
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 4
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424