May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Convicted killer allegedly attacked by fellow inmate
Family of victim tells killer, 'I hope you rot in hell'
According to a Grafton County Superior Court grand jury indictment released Friday, Benjamin Dwyer Allen, of West Lebanon, who will be 30 on Tuesday, is charged with assaults by prisoners for an altercation last month with LaCombe.
Allen, on Jan. 19, "punched and kicked Robert R. LaCombe in the head and/or body," according to the indictment. The charge is one of two similar Class B felony indictments against Allen that the grand jury handed up at its February session. Allen is also accused of punching inmate Benjamin Goodwin in the head and/or face and/or stomach on Nov. 3 last year.
LaCombe has begun a term of 55 years to life for the shooting deaths of a young Grafton couple - Will Hatch and Crystal Farnham - who befriended the jobless LaCombe, feeding, housing and otherwise supporting him over some four months.
When the couple finally had their fill of the long-term guest and asked him to leave, he turned on them and killed them in a vicious 2011 attack at their home that involved multiple shootings of each victim, a state prosecutor said Thursday.
Before he was sentenced Thursday and transported to Concord, LaCombe had to face the verbal wrath of a number of his victims' family members who were given the opportunity to speak in superior court. None of them thought his sentence was adequate.
If he meets behavioral conditions in the coming decades, LaCombe could get 15 years taken off his 55-year minimum sentence. If that happens, and even with the credit he got for nearly two years in the Grafton County jail, the 26-year-old LaCombe would be around 60 when he got out.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424