Home » News » Public Safety
Car catches fire after two-car collision in Merrimack
Merrimack police were dispatched to Industrial Drive at 12:09 p.m. Friday to respond to a two-car crash. Police said Mark Duffley, 56, of Nashua was driving his 2009 Chevrolet Express, stopped at a traffic light just after the Exit 10 on ramp, when his vehicle was rear-ended by a 1999 Volkswagen Beetle driven by Sarah Bancroft, 29, of Merrimack, who was traveling east on Industrial Drive.
The Beetle caught fire, and Merrimack Police Sgt. Brian Levesque said a passing motorist who witnessed the accident stopped to extinguish the flames with a personal fire extinguisher they had in their vehicle. The motorist left, and Sgt. Levesque and fire department officials could not provide the person’s name.
Merrimack police closed the road while the fire department extricated Bancroft from the vehicle, who was transported to Southern New Hampshire Regional Medical Center with serious but non-life threatening injuries. The hospital Saturday said Bancroft was in serious but stable condition. Duffley was transported to St. Joseph Hospital with minor injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072