Home » News » Public Safety
Car catches fire after two-car collision in Merrimack
Merrimack police were dispatched to Industrial Drive at 12:09 p.m. Friday to respond to a two-car crash. Police said Mark Duffley, 56, of Nashua was driving his 2009 Chevrolet Express, stopped at a traffic light just after the Exit 10 on ramp, when his vehicle was rear-ended by a 1999 Volkswagen Beetle driven by Sarah Bancroft, 29, of Merrimack, who was traveling east on Industrial Drive.
The Beetle caught fire, and Merrimack Police Sgt. Brian Levesque said a passing motorist who witnessed the accident stopped to extinguish the flames with a personal fire extinguisher they had in their vehicle. The motorist left, and Sgt. Levesque and fire department officials could not provide the person’s name.
Merrimack police closed the road while the fire department extricated Bancroft from the vehicle, who was transported to Southern New Hampshire Regional Medical Center with serious but non-life threatening injuries. The hospital Saturday said Bancroft was in serious but stable condition. Duffley was transported to St. Joseph Hospital with minor injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072