Home » News » Public Safety
Car catches fire after two-car collision in Merrimack
Merrimack police were dispatched to Industrial Drive at 12:09 p.m. Friday to respond to a two-car crash. Police said Mark Duffley, 56, of Nashua was driving his 2009 Chevrolet Express, stopped at a traffic light just after the Exit 10 on ramp, when his vehicle was rear-ended by a 1999 Volkswagen Beetle driven by Sarah Bancroft, 29, of Merrimack, who was traveling east on Industrial Drive.
The Beetle caught fire, and Merrimack Police Sgt. Brian Levesque said a passing motorist who witnessed the accident stopped to extinguish the flames with a personal fire extinguisher they had in their vehicle. The motorist left, and Sgt. Levesque and fire department officials could not provide the person’s name.
Merrimack police closed the road while the fire department extricated Bancroft from the vehicle, who was transported to Southern New Hampshire Regional Medical Center with serious but non-life threatening injuries. The hospital Saturday said Bancroft was in serious but stable condition. Duffley was transported to St. Joseph Hospital with minor injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 151
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 2
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 29
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off