Home » News » Public Safety
Car catches fire after two-car collision in Merrimack
Merrimack police were dispatched to Industrial Drive at 12:09 p.m. Friday to respond to a two-car crash. Police said Mark Duffley, 56, of Nashua was driving his 2009 Chevrolet Express, stopped at a traffic light just after the Exit 10 on ramp, when his vehicle was rear-ended by a 1999 Volkswagen Beetle driven by Sarah Bancroft, 29, of Merrimack, who was traveling east on Industrial Drive.
The Beetle caught fire, and Merrimack Police Sgt. Brian Levesque said a passing motorist who witnessed the accident stopped to extinguish the flames with a personal fire extinguisher they had in their vehicle. The motorist left, and Sgt. Levesque and fire department officials could not provide the person’s name.
Merrimack police closed the road while the fire department extricated Bancroft from the vehicle, who was transported to Southern New Hampshire Regional Medical Center with serious but non-life threatening injuries. The hospital Saturday said Bancroft was in serious but stable condition. Duffley was transported to St. Joseph Hospital with minor injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 77
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time