Home » Sports » College Sports
Men's Basketball: St. Anselm cruises past St. Mike's, leads NE-10
With the win, the Hawks stretched their overall record to 21-4 and their conference mark to 17-4. The Purple Knights are 5-16 in the league.
Nielsen and Santo each scored 13 points in just over 20 minutes of play.
St. Anselm starters Mike McCahey and Dino Mallios netted 12 points each.
St. Michael's Greg Grippo led all scorers in the game with 14 points.
The Hawks scored the game's initial six points but St. Michael's rallied to tie the game at 16-16 with 13:26 left in the first half. Roy Mabrey's layup and Mallios's three-pointer with four seconds left in the frame gave the hosts a 38-31 halftime advantage.
St. Anselm never trailed in the second half and led by as many as 21 on a Nielsen three-point field goal with 6:27 to play and again later on a McCahey jumper with 2:38 showing.
St. Anselm shot 43 percent from the field in the game while St. Michael's had trouble with the Hawks defense and converted just 20 of 51 two-point attempts. St. Michael's, however, did outrebound the hosts, 39-36.
St. Anselm closes its NE-10 regular season Tuesday when it hosts Stonehill.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings