Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after crash on Lake Umbagog
Ashley Devost was thrown from her snowmachine after hitting the shoreline on Lake Umbagog. (Courtesy Photo)
New Hampshire Conservation Officer Glen Lucas reports that Ashley Devost, 22, was riding on the frozen lake Saturday evening while some of her friends were ice fishing.
Devost went missing after telling a friend she was going out for a short ride, Lucas states. When she didn’t come back, her friends had trouble finding her because of the darkness and visibility on the lake. Devost reportedly had trouble seeing as visibility was poor at the time. Her snowmachine hit the shoreline and she was thrown from it, landing on the land where she stayed until rescued by Errol Fire and Rescue along with 45th Parallel EMS, according to Lucas.
Devost was initially taken to the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, but the transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon due to the severity of her injuries, Lucas reports.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
- State: Range of staffing issues led to 'bad outcomes' at Lakeview NeuroRehabilitation - 0
- Driver loses control, crashes into four vehicles at Hudson auto body shop - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose