Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after crash on Lake Umbagog
New Hampshire Conservation Officer Glen Lucas reports that Ashley Devost, 22, was riding on the frozen lake Saturday evening while some of her friends were ice fishing.
Devost went missing after telling a friend she was going out for a short ride, Lucas states. When she didn’t come back, her friends had trouble finding her because of the darkness and visibility on the lake. Devost reportedly had trouble seeing as visibility was poor at the time. Her snowmachine hit the shoreline and she was thrown from it, landing on the land where she stayed until rescued by Errol Fire and Rescue along with 45th Parallel EMS, according to Lucas.
Devost was initially taken to the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, but the transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon due to the severity of her injuries, Lucas reports.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
George Will: The face of IRS behavior