Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after crash on Lake Umbagog
New Hampshire Conservation Officer Glen Lucas reports that Ashley Devost, 22, was riding on the frozen lake Saturday evening while some of her friends were ice fishing.
Devost went missing after telling a friend she was going out for a short ride, Lucas states. When she didn’t come back, her friends had trouble finding her because of the darkness and visibility on the lake. Devost reportedly had trouble seeing as visibility was poor at the time. Her snowmachine hit the shoreline and she was thrown from it, landing on the land where she stayed until rescued by Errol Fire and Rescue along with 45th Parallel EMS, according to Lucas.
Devost was initially taken to the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, but the transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon due to the severity of her injuries, Lucas reports.
READER COMMENTS: 67
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time