Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after crash on Lake Umbagog
New Hampshire Conservation Officer Glen Lucas reports that Ashley Devost, 22, was riding on the frozen lake Saturday evening while some of her friends were ice fishing.
Devost went missing after telling a friend she was going out for a short ride, Lucas states. When she didn’t come back, her friends had trouble finding her because of the darkness and visibility on the lake. Devost reportedly had trouble seeing as visibility was poor at the time. Her snowmachine hit the shoreline and she was thrown from it, landing on the land where she stayed until rescued by Errol Fire and Rescue along with 45th Parallel EMS, according to Lucas.
Devost was initially taken to the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, but the transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon due to the severity of her injuries, Lucas reports.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072