Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after crash on Lake Umbagog
New Hampshire Conservation Officer Glen Lucas reports that Ashley Devost, 22, was riding on the frozen lake Saturday evening while some of her friends were ice fishing.
Devost went missing after telling a friend she was going out for a short ride, Lucas states. When she didn’t come back, her friends had trouble finding her because of the darkness and visibility on the lake. Devost reportedly had trouble seeing as visibility was poor at the time. Her snowmachine hit the shoreline and she was thrown from it, landing on the land where she stayed until rescued by Errol Fire and Rescue along with 45th Parallel EMS, according to Lucas.
Devost was initially taken to the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, but the transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon due to the severity of her injuries, Lucas reports.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072