Home » Opinion » Editorials
Fred Kfoury, RIP: Big man with a big heart passes
Just to say "Fred Kfoury" would bring a smile to many, a positive and knowing nod of the head to others. Fred and his family built Central Paper Products in Manchester into a formidable business, despite the challenges that the supposed paperless society threw his way. He provided many jobs, and he did so with care and concern for his employees.
If there was a bigger booster of UNH and UNH athletics than Fred, we don't know him. He supported them with his heart (that word again), his presence, and his wallet.
He was also a lover of history, particularly of his family's, and he loved visiting the ancient homelands in Lebanon, whose constant troubles also bothered him.
Fred was a big supporter of the arts here in Manchester, and a big booster of local business, through the Chamber of Commerce and elsewhere.
He will be missed in many ways and by many people who were touched by his generous spirit. Our sympathies to his family, employees, and the community that has lost a fine man.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 11
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 2
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 2
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name