Home » Opinion » Editorials
Fred Kfoury, RIP: Big man with a big heart passes
Just to say "Fred Kfoury" would bring a smile to many, a positive and knowing nod of the head to others. Fred and his family built Central Paper Products in Manchester into a formidable business, despite the challenges that the supposed paperless society threw his way. He provided many jobs, and he did so with care and concern for his employees.
If there was a bigger booster of UNH and UNH athletics than Fred, we don't know him. He supported them with his heart (that word again), his presence, and his wallet.
He was also a lover of history, particularly of his family's, and he loved visiting the ancient homelands in Lebanon, whose constant troubles also bothered him.
Fred was a big supporter of the arts here in Manchester, and a big booster of local business, through the Chamber of Commerce and elsewhere.
He will be missed in many ways and by many people who were touched by his generous spirit. Our sympathies to his family, employees, and the community that has lost a fine man.
READER COMMENTS: 29
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 41
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 21
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters