Home » Opinion » Editorials
Fred Kfoury, RIP: Big man with a big heart passes
Just to say "Fred Kfoury" would bring a smile to many, a positive and knowing nod of the head to others. Fred and his family built Central Paper Products in Manchester into a formidable business, despite the challenges that the supposed paperless society threw his way. He provided many jobs, and he did so with care and concern for his employees.
If there was a bigger booster of UNH and UNH athletics than Fred, we don't know him. He supported them with his heart (that word again), his presence, and his wallet.
He was also a lover of history, particularly of his family's, and he loved visiting the ancient homelands in Lebanon, whose constant troubles also bothered him.
Fred was a big supporter of the arts here in Manchester, and a big booster of local business, through the Chamber of Commerce and elsewhere.
He will be missed in many ways and by many people who were touched by his generous spirit. Our sympathies to his family, employees, and the community that has lost a fine man.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
- Casino tax breaks: Bad news for Gov. Hassan - 4
- A medal well earned: Ryan M. Pitts is a hero - 3
- Treat them better: Bad medicine for veterans, military - 14
- Editorial: USNH’s freeze a good start - 3
- Editorial: Weare’s cameras - the PD’s scarlet letters - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax