Home » Opinion » Editorials
Fred Kfoury, RIP: Big man with a big heart passes
Just to say "Fred Kfoury" would bring a smile to many, a positive and knowing nod of the head to others. Fred and his family built Central Paper Products in Manchester into a formidable business, despite the challenges that the supposed paperless society threw his way. He provided many jobs, and he did so with care and concern for his employees.
If there was a bigger booster of UNH and UNH athletics than Fred, we don't know him. He supported them with his heart (that word again), his presence, and his wallet.
He was also a lover of history, particularly of his family's, and he loved visiting the ancient homelands in Lebanon, whose constant troubles also bothered him.
Fred was a big supporter of the arts here in Manchester, and a big booster of local business, through the Chamber of Commerce and elsewhere.
He will be missed in many ways and by many people who were touched by his generous spirit. Our sympathies to his family, employees, and the community that has lost a fine man.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 2
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return