Monarchs fall to Portland in OT
Conner took a feed from Andy Miele off the overtime face off and netted his 10th goal of the year to push Portland to 31-19-1-1. The Pirates remained in second place in the Atlantic Division with 64 points.
The Monarchs picked up two wins and the overtime loss over the weekend moving to 54 points (24-24-3-3). Manchester stayed in fourth place in the division, two points behind Worcester.
Manchester came from one goal down twice in the third period to tie the score. Trailing 2-1 to start the third, Colton Yellow Horn scored 2:10 in to make it 2-2. Jordan Weal and Brandon Kozun picked up assists on the goal.
Just over three minutes later, Phil Lane made it 3-2 for Portland with his seventh of the year.
Anthony Stewart, on assists from Chris Huxley and Andrew Bodnarchuk, evened the game once again with a goal at the 8:04 mark of the third.
Kozun scored his 19th of the season to give Manchester a 1-0 lead 14:06 into the first. Weal and David Kolomatis were credited with helpers.
Lane scored his first of the game just over a minute into the second for Portland.
Maxim Goncharov made it 2-1 Pirates when he scored with 3:39 remaining in the second.
Both teams went 0-for-3 on the power play.
Martin Jones made 25 saves for Manchester while Mike Lee turned aside 22 shots for Portland.
Manchester plays a pair of games on the road at St. John's on Friday and Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- Another win for Jones, Kings - 0
- Bruins preparing for tough stretch - 0
- Lucic leads Bruins past Blue Jackets - 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford