Home » Sports » College Sports
Dartmouth men's hockey team stays hot on trail of first-round bye
The Big Green, in a race for a top-four spot in the ECAC, posted a 3-2 victory over St. Lawrence at Appleton Arena in Canton, N.Y.
Freshman Tim O'Brien scored two goals and senior captain Mike Keenan netted the third as the No. 19 Big Green improved to 9-8-3 in league play and 13-10-4 overall. With one more weekend of regular-season play, the Big Green have 21 points, tied with Yale for fourth and only two points out of second place. The top four spots receive first-round byes and home ice advantage in the conference quarterfinals.
Freshman netminder Charles Grant was up to the task of stopping the most dangerous offensive team in the ECAC, finishing the night with 25 saves and his fifth win of the year (5-4-1). Grant was superb in his previous start, as well, a 5-4 triumph over Colgate last Saturday in Hanover.
Dartmouth hosts Princeton on Friday, then Quinnipiac, the No. 1-ranked team in the country before today's polls come out, on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pat Buchanan: Barack Obama is the spectator President - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama's 'idiot' defense - 1
- Another View: Amendments to the Senate casino bill make it worth passing - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 24
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 1
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire