Home » Sports » College Sports
Dartmouth men's hockey team stays hot on trail of first-round bye
The Big Green, in a race for a top-four spot in the ECAC, posted a 3-2 victory over St. Lawrence at Appleton Arena in Canton, N.Y.
Freshman Tim O'Brien scored two goals and senior captain Mike Keenan netted the third as the No. 19 Big Green improved to 9-8-3 in league play and 13-10-4 overall. With one more weekend of regular-season play, the Big Green have 21 points, tied with Yale for fourth and only two points out of second place. The top four spots receive first-round byes and home ice advantage in the conference quarterfinals.
Freshman netminder Charles Grant was up to the task of stopping the most dangerous offensive team in the ECAC, finishing the night with 25 saves and his fifth win of the year (5-4-1). Grant was superb in his previous start, as well, a 5-4 triumph over Colgate last Saturday in Hanover.
Dartmouth hosts Princeton on Friday, then Quinnipiac, the No. 1-ranked team in the country before today's polls come out, on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 9
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
- Young teacher puts education in motion - 1
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 12
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice